Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Home for the Holidays

It's been awhile, Windy City. Even though the London weather was making me question the legitimacy of Chicago's nickname. But now that I am back, I can attest that Chicago is in fact THE WINDY CITY. Last night and today were filled with gusts of wind and rain that took my favorite umbrella right out of my hand and into the sky. It also added to the confusion when crossing the street, definitely still used to cars coming from the right, not left. Wasn't expecting that... But it felt SOOO good to be walking in an AMERICAN city. While London certainly doesn't provide one with culture shock, sometimes you just need some U S of A in your life. This 3-week break back home could not have come at a better time. I was going a little stir crazy in London! My jetlag has been all funky, but I'm over that now and back to y'all. I know I've been neglectful recently, forgive me! 

Our amazing Christmas tree. My mom outdoes herself every year... 

Now that I'm home I have lots of shopping to do!!! 

More importantly, I've got all of this to do! Pretty ambitious (I know) so we will just see how much of this I actually accomplish.



No comments:

Post a Comment