Thursday, December 1, 2011

Procrastination

While I should be working on my 8 page paper tomorrow (less than half of which is done) I figured I'd share my Turkey Day experience. 

It involved more of this:
than this:
Can you honestly call this a Thanksgiving meal?!!! Ran out of mashed potatoes... hence the french fries. But more importantly, how TINY is the portion. The Brits do not understand what an American Thanksgiving is. 

At least I got to watch the Packers!!!
And see my two chums visiting from Luxembourg.

So I hadn't really done much planning for Thanksgiving and then it just sort of popped up. I was too late to buy a ticket to many of the numerous Thanksgiving dinners at restaurants around London. My friend from home and I were thinking of cooking... but knew that probably wouldn't work out. Plus we had two other friends from home visiting. At the last minute we heard of the place called 'Jet Lag' which had a Thanksgiving dinner that you didn't need a ticket or reservation for, so we hightailed over there. Unfortunately, they were quite packed. Using my negotiating skills, with the help from my long eyelashes, I got the manager to set up a new table for us. Even though it was probably a fire hazard, it was a pretty good seat with a view of the projection screen showing football. It felt like an hour before we ordered.... so insert a few glasses of wine. By the time we did order... they were basically out of everything! I was really out of luck... I didn't get mashed potatoes, stuffing or turkey! Luckily the boys got stuffing and turkey... but the portions were tiny! I settled for chicken and vegetables. Then we made our way to this club Plastic People. There was a Scream show that my friends were intent upon seeing. The club (you know I AM NOT a clubber) was pretty neat and intimate. It felt kind of hidden, actually I think it was pretty discreet. It ended up being a great night, but naturally (of course) I was exhausted only a short while after getting there and made my way to my cozy bed. Let's just say the next morning was not one of my happiest moments....

No comments:

Post a Comment