Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Greenwich

In November I went to Greenwich, which is about a 30 minute tube ride east of me. Obviously Greenwich is home of Greenwich Mean Time, and it is a World Heritage Site. It is right along the Thames and is an adorable town! I went on a Sunday for the market, which was mostly food (I got some yummy churros) and crafts. It was packed! I heard that the view from Greenwich Pier is great, however it was obscenely foggy and I could barely even see the water. My main reason for visiting Greenwich was to go to the National Maritime Museum (for my WWI class) and the Royal Observatory (where the Prime Meridian is marked). I also stumbled upon the Old Royal Naval College which was spectacular. I didn't make it to the Royal Observatory but the National Maritime Museum was excellent and I learned a lot about naval warfare for my class. Hopefully come springtime I'll make it back!




No comments:

Post a Comment