Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bronzed Skulls Can Do No Harm

Naturally, I'm drawn to anything metallic just as much as I am to anything rustic. So when I recently learned of Ashley Tudor's Bronze European Mounts I instantly started mentally redecorating my living room, with a bronzed buck head as the center piece. Her striking sculptural pieces add contemporary flair and a worldly feel inspired by nature to spaces. They are absolutely killer and I would just die to call one my own. The young artist is making moves in the art world, working with designers and hunters to offer a new perspective on taxidermy. If you are ever in San Francisco stop by Coup D'Etat or if you find yourself in NYC hit up BDDW. The artist began hunting 5 years ago to feel a closer connection with her food, which led her on this creative endeavor! It is a really neat process that takes over 3 months... from the hunt to the molding and waxing and final installation. So inspiring!


No comments:

Post a Comment