Monday, October 3, 2011

Queen for a Day


Upon arrival in London, I was adamant about touring Buckingham Palace, which is open for the summer months. While the staterooms were magnificent, I was really there to see THE DRESS which was on display for a special exhibition. I also got to see the Duke and Duchesses' wedding cake in addition to Kate's wedding shoes and earrings. I will admit, I was definitely tearing up as I was in the presence of such an extraordinary dress with such meaning.

Beautiful day for a trip to the palace.

The dress that captured the world. She really is teeny tiny!

I also was able to view the throne room, where this was snapped. 

My favorite stateroom was the White Drawing Room. Such an open and airy feel. The opposite wall had full windows that opened towards the "backyard" (if you can really call it that).

Back view of Buckingham Palace. Beautiful gardens.

My fabulous parents on the back of Buckingham Palace, before afternoon tea. 

Buckingham Palace has their own ice cream. Adorable, right? 

My dad and I enjoying tea, scones, and ice cream on the backyard patio of Buckingham Palace. 

One final goodbye!

I was incredibly lucky to get last minute tickets to the summer exhibition at Buckingham Palace. It was just a week before the Palace's closure for the summer months and they were beginning to prepare for the Queen's arrival. It was truly breathtaking, in part due to it's historical significance. I highly recommend visiting the Palace, even though you won't get to see Kate's dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment