Thursday, October 27, 2011

Time to Travel: #2


Bye-bye Big Ben! Off to Scotland I go!


I figured I might as well ease into traveling, as I've got a year to maneuver the low-cost airlines and non-english speaking countries. So of course I've stuck with Great Britain for my second trip. Furthermore, I wanted to make sure I hit the motherland before anything else, especially after visiting my 'fatherland' last weekend. I am mostly of Scottish descent, and I have been brought up surrounded by the Clan MacNeil tartan. Dresses, kilts, blankets, chairs - you name it. While I will not be visiting the Isle of Barra (the clan's historic island, complete with a castle), I will be nearby in other Highland areas, after a night on the town in Edinburgh of course. 

The little princess herself in a Clan MacNeil tartan dress. 


Perhaps I will come across some ancestors while visiting ancient abbeys and their graveyards.


As you all know, I'm a bit royal-obsessed, so I have plans to visit at least 2 castles. 

Yes, I am going to Loch Ness. Part of me thought it was just a myth told to middle schoolers. 
Maybe I'll come into contact with the Loch Ness Monster???


Last, but not least, I am most excited for the Scottish bagpipers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment